If you’re looking for a way to travel in India and see all that it has to offer in a grand way, then you’re in for a treat! I mean, who doesn’t like to live like royalty, even if it’s just for a few days? Well, the Indian Railways and IRCTC has brought to you just that- luxury trains to show you everything India has to offer, in the grandest way possible. You’ll get the best of royalty through their plush interiors, majestic ambience, lavish and mind-boggling gastronomical fare, stringent security arrangements- basically everything fit for royalty. So here are a few luxury train journeys around India:
1. Maharajas’ Express
This is the best of the best! It’s one of the top 5 luxury trains around the world. This half-a-mile train boasts of professionals who are there to meet your every need- butler services, stocked bars, quality hospitality, lavish suites, and much more! If you decide to take this train, be rest assured that you’ll experience the richness of India like no other!
Fun Fact: Maharajas’ Express was voted the “World’s Leading Luxury Train” for the years 2012-2014 consecutively!
Operation time: October to April.
- The Heritage of India: Mumbai – Ajanta – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi.
- Gems of India: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi.
- The Indian Panorama: Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur – Sikri – Agra – Gwalior – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi.
- Indian Splendour: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Balasinor – Mumbai.
- Treasures of India: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi.
Duration: Depends on which tour you take.
Check out their Website.